Sunday, October 21, 2007

From the Window, to the Wall

Alright, the past two and half days have probably been my most mentally challenging days in an extremely long time. Thursday evening, my heart was racing after an intense post on sabermetrics. I could not sleep, instead I dreamed of spouting out useless baseball stats to help my opinionated arguments on who was the best player at each position. So, I had a terrible nights rest on Thursday night, going into Friday.

Friday morning, I woke up...nice and groggy but I still moved out of bed to deliver the paper for a few hours. I came back and attempted to salvage some rest prior to my Friday throwing session. I actually threw fairly well. After my morning session Dylan and Jesse convinced me to come with them to Starbuck's. I am not huge fan of coffee, I like the taste and bitterness I just really do not like spending money. They got me to come once Dylan said, "Why not? Do you have to go home and take your dog out and cuddle up with him?" So, that was the kicker. Long story short, I did not get to nap Friday because I came back late and then could not sleep since I drank coffee. Then after my second session I received a call from the head bouncer at the bar and he asked if I could come work. So, I did.

This bar is crazy. The place gets nuts and there are literally thousands that come in and out each evening. Probably about 1,000 - 1,500 people. It is fun to work the door because I get to talk with everyone but it is not fun to stand outside with one layer of socks on when it is 0 degrees Celsius. Nevertheless, it was a good night and some retardedly drunk guy tried to get back in after we closed at about 2:01 and he was like, "No, I can come back in." My response was, no you can't dude. Then he proceeded to slip me 40 bucks and I obviously let him back in, haha. The best part was that he left within about 2 minutes of going back in. I also found a girls purse for her and she was so grateful that I found it for her that she asked if she could give me a blow job...so I dropped my trousers and she went to town, haha just kidding. She did ask if she could give me a BJ but I told her this was not going to happen. Jesse found this amusing and kept telling everyone how I got 40 bucks and a BJ.

I was done work at 2:45 Am and then headed to deliver papers from 3-5:30 AM. This was miserable since I was tired from not napping and getting shitty sleep. I got home and slept for 2 and a half hours and then got up for my throwing session. I threw alright but was dead tired. The thing that sucked was after throwing, Jesse and I had to help Dylan and his girlfriend move giant copying machines out of her business. This took about an hour and a half and then I got free food, so I ate for about 30 minutes. I got home later than expected and only caught an hours rest prior to my second session. Between me falling asleep and waking up, I turned off my alarm and slept straight through my second session until 6 in the evening. I caught up on some sleep but I missed a little training. I viewed it as a trade off but I am still sort of pissed that I missed the afternoon.

Saturday night was fun. They paid me 15 bucks an hour to watch the UFC 77 and see Anderson Silva absolutely annihilate Rich Franklin for the second time. It makes me wonder what the hell Franklin is going to do with his career. He is a great fighter but not as dynamic as The Spider Silva. I also got pissed watching Tim Sylvia beat Brandon Vera and thought about how I wished Carmelo went back to HWT and fought there. Sylvia called Cheik Kongo, who Carmelo beat, and now Kongo is regarded as a top 5 HWT in the division. The UFC also signed Brock Lesnar, the juice monkey.

The west coast makes money off of having everything run on EST. The fights were over early and it enabled the bar to turn into the club it is at night. So, they made tons of money off of the fight and also off of the club at night. Their fight setup was awesome, too.

Last night I was the guy who checked people for weapons, alcohol and drugs so that was enjoyable. A lot of people try and sneak in the sample shots of alcohol, so I confiscated a few of those. Weed is legal to possess up here but the bar does not want people smoking it in the smoking room. This is funny because everyone tells you this and their way of saying it is this..."It is not that we don't mind smoking weed, I mean obviously it is a lot safer than alcohol, just look how belligerent people get here. But, the Big Bossman does not want this place to become a drug haven so he tries to keep it all clean and proper." I tend to agree that weed is a lot easier on the body and a lot safer for public than booze are especially, after working in "the business."

All and all it was a safe night but I was dead tired from my lack of sleep. I got home around 2:45 and headed straight to bed and did not wake up until about 11. My body recovers quite well, now that I am not drinking as much as I did when I was in college. I have not drank at all since Chris left, which is nice on the pocket as well.

I also love working at the bar and hearing all of the god awful pop-rap songs that I have not heard since my last bar stint. Anyway, I hope this week everything goes well and my body really starts ripping into the training. I may start getting Vitamin B compound shots twice a month. These are supposed to be great for training and used widely in the eastern European nations for recovery.

Also, check out Stamm's blog. I was worried he had flown home but I he is still thumbing back to the east. I hope he is having fun and I am sure he has ridiculous stories for us all. This will be fun to hear since Chris is one of the best story tellers I know. cstamm.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Kai said...

Haha, I see they already know your Anton cuddling setup.

Ducadunk14 said...

Dane...that was the most boring post I have ever read. For some reason, reading about some chubby loser not being able to sleep actually puts me to sleep, where are the good posts???? And the shots arent that good for you... His research proved this form of treatment [vitamin b shots] causes the body to fluctuate by throwing the body in and out of homeostasis due to the liver being the storage and eventually wearing off the B s, causing the body to go into a down swing until another shot is delivered.

try another form a delivery