Friday, May 16, 2008

Hand and Heat

I have thrown this past week with my glove on. My hand is finally starting to feel a bit better, now I just need to get a better feeling in the circle. I threw ok two days ago but I felt awkward and out of touch with the throw. Hopefully, the next few days will provide me with a better feeling. I decided not to throw this weekend and to avoid competition until May 28th. There are Wednesday meets in Seattle which I will compete at probably 3 times. My buddy Martin, lives in Seattle so I can stay at his place and since the meets are on Wednesdays, I will avoid missing work. Plus, my training partner Justin Rodhe will travel with me to make things more intense. This should also give my hand plenty of time to get in shape for throwing without a glove.

It is finally getting hot up here. Today and yesterday it was about 87 and 90 degrees. The heat is much more tolerable here than back in PA. The humidity in PA is absurd and here a 90 degree day feels more like a 75-80 degree day back home, so that is nice. It was quite amusing to see Dr. B dressed for warm weather and a straw hat and to see Dylan throwing with his shirt off, sporting his giant pregnant stomach. Hopefully Dylan goes 21-21.50 this weekend. He has looked great in training.

No comments: