Thursday, May 29, 2008

RZA Video and Throws

My trip down to Seattle was awesome. Mike threw a new best in the hammer and I finally got to compete with my injured hand. We stayed at Martin's parents house and I cannot say how much I appreciated them. They gave us great directions and helped us out with food and everything. I also bought a ton of raw milk while I was down there and also realized how expensive Whole Foods is at times. Raw milk at Whole Foods was four dollars more than at IGA. It was a good time and Seattle reminds me of a cooler version of Pittsburgh. Washington actually reminds me of PA. It was a fun time.

I did not throw any spectacular throws and the meet was only a four throw meet. I still threw 55'7 which sucks, but after missing a month of training and feeling like absolute garbage in the circle, I feel better mentally about things. I am probably going to head back down there in two weeks and I am willing to bet I may throw a meter more just because of the reps I will get in the circle. I also found out that I got into a meet in Victoria and the Harry Jerome meet. Both meets are pretty big and should be pretty fun. Those will be my big meets before I head home. I am excited just to get back to training hard and throwing better. My hand is about 85% right now so hopefully it continues healing.

Here is a sweet video of the new RZA song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p22Xzq5RzUc&eurl=http://therapup.rawkus.com/

No comments: