Saturday, December 15, 2007

Pa I.D. and UFC

So, this evening at work was quite hilarious. A girl comes up and hands me an i.d....it is yellow, white and blue and says Pennsylvania on it. I look at it and laugh and say, "This is not a PA, i.d." So, she continues to argue with me and tell me that it is not fake and this and that...I continued saying, "Listen, I do not think this is a Pennsylvania license, you cannot come in." Her response, "It is the right one." Finally, much to her dismay...I revealed that I was indeed a resident of Pennsylvania and know exactly what a PA license looks like. She seemed completely shocked and then asked if I would give it back to her.

I found this quite amusing...the other workers and I kept thinking about the odds of that happening. Anyway, I will be leaving Kamloops this coming Tuesday evening and flying out of Vancouver on Wednesday morning, arriving in NYC at 8:30 P.M. I am very excited to be home and see everyone. It will be a good break but I will continue training hard.

I am also fairly excited for the upcoming UFC fights on December 29th. It sucks that Matt Serra got hurt because I really cannot stand Serra or Matt Hughes. Now, Georges St. Pierre is fighting Hughes for the third time and is coming in on short notice, should be interesting. The Liddell vs. Wand Silva will be an awesome fight. I wouldn't mind seeing Chuck lose for the third straight time but I also want to see a brawl, hopefully that happens. Finally, I am extremely excited to see that Dan Henderson is fighting Anderson Silva in March of 2008 at 185. This will be an amazing fight and one that will really put the test to Anderson Silva. If he beats Hendo, he will put his name in gold in UFC history.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What's your take on the Mitchell report? I think it's fucking hilarious, especially as a cycling fan. Go fuck yourself Roger Clemens.

I need your opinion on something - Q: Is it important to experience / appreciate different cultures? Why is it important / unimportant?

I liked the post about squatting, excellent material there.