Sunday, December 2, 2007

Wikipedia Wonders

Friday and Saturday were pretty solid training days. Friday was about -9 C so it was cold in the morning. I threw the 8k fairly well but blew when I was throwing the 14 because of how cold it was. The afternoon was a weird practice. It was -9 and dark and snowing but I was amped up and really tore into the 9k. I threw very well and really felt like my technique was coming together. I worked Friday night and luckily I stayed inside for the entire evening.

Saturday morning it was around -10 C and snowing so we threw inside. I felt unreal. The change in temperature felt great for my muscles and my movement was much more consistent and fluid. I could feel my right leg coming out of the back and really threw well. I struggled with the 14 but still threw the best I have with that implement. My lift was that much better because I was warm for the morning. I even goofed around and went in and close grip snatched 90k to see how easy I could rip it. The afternoon went well and it was just an all around solid training day. I feel as though I am starting to really figure out the technique and training principles. My final movement is solid I just need to continue working on coming out of the back. Work was alright. It stank because it got to about -12 to -13 C. I was outside for about 3 hours so my feet were quite chilled...luckily I bought Canadian combat boots but even they did not work that well because I am just standing in place. It has snowed about a foot and a half in the past day or so.

The early parts of this week are supposed to be more mild so we will be able to throw outside again. I am working everyday of this coming week and on Wednesday we have a comedian coming into the club...he is supposed to be hilarious and has had numerous gigs on HBO and Comedy Central, so we shall see if these Canucks are actually funny or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_disease

Beware of Dutch Disease...this really is not that funny, I am just bored.

1 comment:

Murder said...

For your copyright infringement on "Wiki Wednesdays," I would like 50% of the proceeds earned from now on by "Wikipedia Wonders."