Saturday, December 8, 2007

Pretty Boy and the Hitman and the Heisman

Alright, so I am going to throw down some predictions. As many of you know, I am known for making the most absurd predictions...things like me predicting the Sens to go to the Stanley Cup last year, Brady Quinn will never win a playoff game and Matt Leinart will never have a winning season come to mind (I will save Braylon Edwards for two years from now). Anyway, the big fight is coming up with Floyd Mayweather and Ricky Hatton. Both are undefeated. Here are my predictions.

Floyd has the best defense in the world, the best since the world was exposed to Pernell Whitaker. Ricky Hatton has a solid chin and can throw some nasty punches. I predict Floyd winning another decision. That is his style. He won't knock him out and it will be fairly close. Floyd is run down and has been on the move since his fight with Baldomir. He has had a few fights, countless promotions, Dancing with the Stars and numerous fund raisers for foundations. I think this will hurt him a bit and will make him vulnerable to Hatton. However, I do not think Hatton has the speed to hang with him and after watching his lackluster battle with Jose Luis-Castillo, I pray he comes into this fight in top shape...which I fully expect he will. Hatton is nasty and will give him a run but barring Floyd breaking his hands, I cannot see him winning. Who knows, maybe Floyd will be run down and be handed a significant defeat, similar to the way Chuck Liddell ran himself down was romped by Rampage. I have Floyd taking a decent decision.

On the under card we have Jeff Lacy and Peter Manfredo going at it. Manfredo is coming off of his embarrassing loss to Joe Calzaghe and Lacy is coming off of a mediocre fight and labrum surgery (he also lost to Calzaghe). I want this to be a brawl because I enjoy each of these fighters and a brawl will save both of their careers. Lacy has a decent chin and he is a mental champ. Anyway, I have Lacy winning by KO in the 9th. Should be interesting though.

In other boxing news, Kermit "The Killer" Cintron (Reading, PA) has officially postponed his match up with Paul Williams. This happened because he shattered his hand in his last rampage over Jesse Feliciano. It was known that he will not fight until May at the earliest but yesterday he made it official. I am looking forward to his recovery and him taking on Tall Paul or revenging his loss to pussy Margarito.

In regards to the Heisman, my vote is for Tim Tebow...the problem is that D1 football is the biggest shame in all of sports and I doubt he will win. I believe the idiots will give it to McFadden. McFadden is a beast but Tebow's stats are unreal and he should win it...however, it won't happen.

1 comment:

Chiyo said...

The Reading Eagle says it will be Tebow, too.