Sunday, November 4, 2007

Halloween

Halloween was a ridiculous night at the bar. I got to work around 9 and simply got things ready for the evening of drunken debauchery. I figured that the place would be ridiculous and would remind me of bars in State College on Halloween. And so the place was insane. People started really coming in around 9:30 and by 11 we had a massive line that had to wait becuase the inside was packed to the brim. Of course the costumes were hilarious and some of them were very original. One kid even dressed up as a Borg from Star Trek so that was my favorite outfit by far. Anyway, it started to get out of control.

They put me outside and I was standing there when I heard some loud yells and a thump against the door. I turned around and there were the bouncers with a kids foot posted against the door. I grabbed the kids foot and both his legs and drug him outside. When we laid him down he decided to try and kick me in the face. At that point I remembered what happened the last time I was kicked in the face and became furious. I put his legs in a leg lock while one of the bouncers dealt with his face. He kept trying to squirm and the cops were called. Here the kid had actually punched a female in the face. He seemed to be on some type of drug because he was whacked out and just acting and saying really weird shit. I have seen a lot of people on drugs but I was not sure what he was doing. Anyway, the cops came and arrested him.

I went inside and about an hour later I noticed two kids pushing each other. So, I went down and told them to stop and all was calm. About 10 minutes went by and this kid dressed like Rod Carew was getting mauled by another kid. I hit my button about 5 times to get other bouncers help and went in and started pulling kids off. I grabbed Rod Carew and was guiding him to the door and he was screaming, "I am sorry, I am sorry. I won't do anything." At that moment I turned my head and saw a kid come and lay a giant haymaker on this kids face. So another brawl broke out and I found Carew and drug him out. His face actually ate the punch pretty well, I was impressed. I got him outside and he ended up leaving and the other kid got arrested as well. After that fight, the place cleared out and things calmed down fairly quickly.

It was a fairly intense night and the next time I get swung at I will most likely start screaming that I kill rats with a pitchfork (if only you could see me yelling and killing the rats at my brother's farm) and just hauling off on people to protect my face. It is fun working down there and it is even more amusing to hear ridiculously drunk girls hit on you and try to say things to you.

1 comment:

Kai said...

I think this post was more for Mom than the nutrition one. This seems written to make her fear another tooth-related bill.