Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Schuylkill Valley Test

Yesterday Dylan passed the SV test with flying colors. While Dr. B and I were waiting his arrival down at the outdoor shot circle, Dylan came flying down the hill in his beast of a truck, ripped one off on the black top and proceeded to do a donut in the sand in the landing area of the shot sector. It was quite amusing. I informed him that in the land of SV, this is quite a classy move and that I have a friend (Chris Stamm) who has video of his brother doing figure 8's in one of his cars. Quite impressive.

I threw like absolute piss today and now I am extremely fired up about it. Yesterday evening I threw a personal best with the 8k, two times in a row (exact same mark) and I felt as though I have at least a half meter in me at my current state. So this morning I was really excited to throw but had been feeling flat all morning. After delivering the paper I fell asleep and did not awake until 15 minutes prior to throw. This threw me off and ruined my morning mark. Hopefully, I salvage something this afternoon. It was 28 degrees while throwing and 22 degrees while I delivered the paper.

Things are really starting to heat up with the new Star Trek movie. Photos are out of the young Spock and according to a Hollywood Insider (Chris Beissel), the movies plot may be similar to one of the best Original Series episodes, "The City on the Edge of Forever." I bring this into some question but only time will tell what the movie will focus upon. Time to go buy some used wool socks from Value Village.

No comments: