Sunday, November 25, 2007

Weekend

My weekend was fairly uneventful. Friday and Saturday were nice and calm at work, everyone was probably freezing from the low temperatures. On Friday night, I honestly felt as though I was walking on my knees. I could not feel anything below my knees. So, Saturday I went out and got a pair of Canadian combat boots that actually look really nice when my dress pants cover them up. They kept me warm until about 12:30, then I got pretty cold again. It was still better than the night before.

My throwing has been improving. Technically I feel pretty solid and my body is gradually adjusting to the higher volume training. My throws with the 9k have improved a decent chunk, I am still struggling to feel the 14 but have put out a few decent results. It is pretty sweet to throw in the snow at night, I feel like a bad ass Russian training for something serious...I feel like Alexander Karelin, haha.

Tonight is a huge banquet for the track club. Gary Reed (silver medalist in the 800 in 2007 Worlds) is in town and is giving a big presentation on his life and training and he and Dylan are then going over what they did at the World Champs. Apparently, Gary's story is unbelievable and it should make for a fun filled evening...at the very least it is a dinner buffet. I will inform you on how sweet the evening is.

5 comments:

b-$moov said...

i think you meant to say the snow made you feel like sprinting through the drifts while russian spies spun out in their old mercedes and then scrambled about in their furry hats....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wSkGQHL_9M

Murder said...

This is kinda a Jerry Seinfeld-esque comment, but if that big black guy that Rocky punches as training can withstand all that, why doesn't the black guy fight Drago himself?

Murder said...

This is Moerder by the way, I'm just going under this alias "Duke Murder" as part of my new blog (murdbonez.blogspot.com)

Heinsy said...

Hearts on Fire.

When Rocky is jumping rope at the beginning I believe he bears a striking resemblance to Brooks Miller.

Dane Miller said...

Agreed Heinsy...Moerder, I am going to completely rip something off of you today for my blog. I will be the Richfood version of your blog.