Friday, November 16, 2007

Training Videos and Change

Sorry I have been behind on cool blogs. I am getting run down from work and trying to rest and recover as much as possible. In the near future I will be writing about tasers, the Gold Standard and popping a squat...yes, taking a dump. As for today, I will stick with what I know best and that is training.

Dr. Br changed my training today. I was quite excited. It sucked because I only got 2 hours of sleep but I still threw ok for my first morning of new training anyway. He has me move to 3 stands with the 8k, 10 fulls and then 10 fulls with the 14. My best with the 8k has been improving but when I picked up the 14 I seriously felt naked. It was incredibly light and I had no speed awareness as he says. I threw ok, right around my pr with the 16 which I thought was extremely mediocre for my first day. I have been so used to throwing heavy that now I must pick up the speed. This is good since speed is what I lack as you all know (...except for when I beat Jon Hart ina 10 meter dash, haha.) So, after throwing we went into the weightroom and my morning routine is 80k for 2 x 5 close grip snatch (these felt great), 20 k good mornings for 2 x 8, 150k speed quarter squats for 2 x 5, v ups for 2 x 15, speed bench at 150k for 2 x 5 (I felt so weak doing this since I have not benched heavy in quite sometime. Still felt decent.) and then the workout finished with 4k straight up shot put throws for 2 x 15.

The afternoon workout is much different. All 9k all the time for 20 fulls. Then I have 120k cleans for 2 x5, reverse hypers for 2 x 8, ab exercise for 4 x 5, leg raises for 3 x 6, explosive jumps for 3 x 15 and then the specific strength is 35 pound shot throws into a mat for 3 x 15. It should be extremely intense and I know this weekend I will be quite sore. Still not as much lifting as my last phase, which is nice. A lot of throws and a lot of weight in the throws. When I come home I feel that everyone will notice I am smaller. I have stayed about the same weight but my muscle seems to have moved to my legs and abs. I feel so strong through my body's center. This is good.

For extra entertainment, I found these videos on my camera from my summer training. Just fun garage training. The one video is my summertime snatch PR. I believe it is 280 or 285. The other lifter is Cody White. He trained fairly hard all summer but the rumor mill tells me he is goofing off lately.


2 comments:

Jon R. said...

Mull, I like the description of the new training regimen. And if the shot putting thing doesn't work out, you'd probably be in perfect shape for the new American Gladiators!:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117970702.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

You could probably spend an entire blogpost just thinking about possible Gladiator names for yourself.

Jon R. said...

Oh by the way, you should watch Sean Penn's new movie "Into the Wild." The main character's major source of transportation is. . . you guessed it. Hitching. Or maybe you should read the book, I have heard that is good, too.