Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Baby...WOOOO!!!

I am extremely saddened by the fact that I will miss my favorite holiday of the year. Thanksgiving is such a great day and awesome time for my family and today it was hard for me to be away from home. Although, it did suck not being able to spend time with the whole family, talk with everyone and eat tons of delicious food, I am still very grateful for the situation I am in. If it was not for my family and friends, I would not being to sustain myself and push my mind and body the way I am currently doing and for this I give tremendous thanks.

I spent the day sleeping in since we do not train on Thursdays. Then I phoned my family and talked to everyone at home and wished them all a Happy Thanksgiving. I decided to go shop for some food (I got quinoa, raw almonds for my honey and bread, cod liver oil and sauerkraut). I have not eaten out this entire month and since it was a special day I decided to treat myself. I went to an Indian place in town and it was extremely good. Quite possibly the best Indian food I have eaten. I ate at another Indian place here in Kamloops before but it was nothing special, this however was tasty. It did a solid job of representing the large number of East Indians that live in Kamloops. I then went and bought some wool socks and a new pair of dress pants for work...I got these at a thrift store so they were nice and cheap.

My day was very enjoyable but while eating dinner I realized how much I miss my family. Without them, nothing would be possible. They have provided me with so much support and love and have continued to support me in my own athletic endeavor. This is so awesome, so many other people would have told me to hang it up but they believe in me and support me giving it one last shot. I love my entire family so much and miss them dearly. I especially miss my moms mashed potatoes and I heard that Brooks made a killer turkey. Brooks is officially an old man now...He has a family, cooked the Turkey and then did his own carving...this was his entrance into old man existence. I miss everyone and I love everyone and I hope my dads dislocated shoulder heals very well. (If only he had benched that extra set, his shoulder would have never popped out, haha.) Just kidding. Heal up Old Man Miller.

2 comments:

Chiyo said...

Yes, the turkey was awesome and you did miss my mashed potatoes. Nothing like making me cry the day after Thanksgiving, though, is there? We miss you, too and can't wait to see you in less than four weeks!!

DEWE said...

Mill Mill, how the hell are you? I see your mom says you will be home in 4 weeks, give me a call when you get home so I can show you how to bench lol Email me dsweand@comcast.net, tty soon neck!