Friday, January 11, 2008

Lameo

Ok, nothing has really happened since Monday. Training has been going well all week and I am really ripping into the 12 pound shot. Actually, a few things have happened. I got my food pick up from the co-op and the food is great. I got some lamb loins which were amazing and some pork chops that should hit the spot as well. Their eggs are awesome, similar to Miller's eggs. Good sizes and very colorful. Sunshine yellow is how I would describe them. On Wednesday I played Yahtzee with a bunch of the other throwers and represented PA very well. The entire night I was calling it the PA roll and telling them that I am so good at Yahtzee simply because I am from PA. This was not overbearing at all. Anyway, it was fun. And Stamm, I went to A and W and got Papa Burgers instead of the infamous Teen Burger.

Apparently I can claim to be a professional athlete now. Haha. There is a meet in Saskatoon on February 8th and they invited Dylan to come throw at the meet. Dylan wanted to come and ended up telling the meet director that he would only come if they would invite Jesse and I. The meet is for the Knights of Columbus and Dylan says it is a decent meet and afterwards there is a huge banquet with a bunch of food and drinks. So, on February 7th they are paying for me, Jesse and Dylan to fly to Saskatoon, paying for our hotels and then flying us back home on the 9th. It should be a fun time, Saskatoon is an awesome city and I might even meet up with the family that I stayed with back in June of 2006.

I have some more lame predictions for the weekend football games. I am actually going to pick Seattle to upset Green Bay. Seattle is looking good and it is going to be an interesting game. Of course I can definitely see Favre ripping it up. I still take Seattle. The second game I am staying with my team, the Patriots to beat the Jags. This will be a tough game but the Pats have had two weeks and I am hoping they come out blazing. The Jags do indeed frighten me because they have looked very good and all the analysts said the Jags would beat the Pats in the playoffs. I am looking for a Pats victory. Sunday's games are also very good match ups. I have the Cowboys romping the Giants. I cannot see Eli playing this well for this long. Romo has been in the playoffs before and as much as I do not like him, I can see them coming to smack the Giants around on Sunday. Tough call but I have the Boys in a close one, winning by 3-4 points. Indy is going to beat the Chargers. Peyton is amazing and although they are with some ailing players and missing Dwight Freeney, I see them beating the Chargers. However, I would enjoy a Chargers victory.

In this weekends track meet at Penn State, I have Frank Duca throwing the weight 53'10 and losing to Adam Thieleman again by a foot. Hoffman goes 19.65 in the weight. For the national duels, I have the number one ranked PSU wrestling team taking down the team title. It will be a brutal tourney but they will come out on top under the guidance of the great Phil Davis. Should be a fun weekend.

6 comments:

Murder said...

I'm awaiting a long post about how awesome Tom Brady is after his near perfect game yesterday...

Jon R. said...

Tyler Hoffman throws for Penn State? And you are making predictions for him? My brain just exploded. What has the world come to?

Walborn said...

Miller your damn Pats are proally gonna go all the way....and I shudder to think that the Pats used to be my number 2 team. If they do win, old billy boys head might be as large as yours, certainly as large as mine.

cstamm81 said...

Teen burgers are made from 100% grass fed beef. Papa burgers are for straight up losers. Oh, and you better have gotten a chocolate milkshake to wash it down with.

Heinsy said...

I'm awaiting a post about how 1/4 correct predictions isn't a bad thing.

Miller, YOOOUUUUU SUCK!!

Kai said...

Dane, what am I supposed to do at work if you're not going to post?