Thursday, January 3, 2008

Back in Canadia

So, I am back in Canada and about 7-8 pounds heavier than when I left. This is ok since I had been a little light, hopefully I can turn it into muscle as I amp up the training over the next few months. My trip back was ok. My Dad and I had a decent drive to JFK that did not take as long as I had expected. This ended up with me trying to entertain myself in the airport for about four hours. My flight was delayed by 20 minutes, we boarded and then sat on the runway for another 45 minutes. That was fun, especially sitting in tight quarters and having a d-bag in front of me recline his chair all the way back.

The flight was ok. It was really smooth for about 4 hours and then the last hour and half was rough. This was ok though since I had a new portable dvd player to ease my high blood pressure and extreme palm sweating. I hate having this dvd player but I will definitely use it. I did not get into Vancouver until 3 and then my friends dad picked me up and I slept at their house until 10 this morning. I drove back and arrived in Kamloops at about 3 this afternoon PST. I was thoroughly amused to come across an Indian fast food restaurant, I ate there for lunch but their naan blew ass.

Now I am back in Kamloops. I cannot wait to start training again and throw all the time. I am a little worried because I came back to some shitty working news. The bar will no longer be open Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so now the only chance I have to work is on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. So, hopefully I get these three days each week and that pays the bills. Otherwise I am screwed. It may be a blessing in disguise. We shall see.

I know I will get made fun of for this but I am going to start writing my own training book. The book will not be about research and scientific understanding but more about training methods for different sports backed by my own studying and experience. Basically, it is just a book I want to throw together to help me in my future endeavors.

4 comments:

cstamm81 said...

I'm glad you gained some weight while at home, you looked like a skinny weakling. Honestly, you did seem to lose quite a bit from when we said our goodbyes in Washington. Or maybe it was your Johnny Unitas haircut. I miss Parekh.

Unknown said...

Dane, if your book has a section on how to go from looking like a fatter version of you (if that's possible...actually, it is, because I was), then I'll help you write it. No seriously.

Chiyo said...

a blessing? I didn't know you believed in blessings.

Heinsy said...

*sniff sniff* I think I smell a Pulitzer...