Friday, January 18, 2008

UFC, NFL and Caitlin Browne

So, this week Caitlin has come to spend time in the Loops. She has been exposed to everything that is my life, haha. The first two days I literally farted about 100-150 times and at one point even woke myself up while we were sleeping. She made it through those tough days and hopefully will not break up with me for smelling so bad. It has been very nice to have someone to spend time with in Kamloops. She also made some really good mexican food tonight and her being here has provided me with a good excuse to go out to eat fairly often...Indian food two times in 3 days, baby!! She leaves on Monday afternoon and I will not have any visitors until the rents come in March. We have also watched some decent movies, including "Why We Fight" which I believe is a must see for anyone from the US of A. Very interesting perspectives and it shows both sides and is not a radical conspiracy movie like most of the crazy stuff I watch, hahaha.

As for this coming weekend, we have UFC 80, Trinidad vs. Jones, Jr. and Pats vs Chargers, Giants vs Packers. Along with those events, Dylan has his opener in Edmonton and Kalnas is throwing at PSU this weekend...should make for some big throws. Also, congrats to Codi White (a wrestler I trained this summer) for getting 3rd at the Berks County Championship. On a side note, Canadians do not wrestle folk style in middle school or high school. Instead, they wrestle freestyle in middle school and high school, something my dad and I have talked about the US switching over to freestyle at these levels. We would definitely own the Olympics in wrestling if that was the case.

Onto the predictions. Football first: Pats over the Chargers (I have to stick with my team) and the Pack over the Giants. Eli has been killing my predictions but I cannot go against Favre. Dylan goes 19.87 at Edmonton and Kalnas hits 19.12 at PSU. Duca hits 52'7 in the weight throw at PSU and loses to Thieleman again. UFC 80: I hope to god that Bj Penn whoops Joe Stevenson and will take him as the victor. Gabe Gonzaga avenges his first loss to Fabricio Werdum and wins in a stunning fight. Marcus Paul Davis will beat Jess Liaudin in the second. Wilson Gouveia (Carmelo's last loss) will get cut up by Jason Lambert...a possible KO victory for Lambert. Kendall Grove will show some more of his lackluster promise with a mediocre victory over Jorge Rivera. I will not lie, I would love to see Grove get wrecked by Rivera. In the undercard, I would like to see Sam Stout come out victorious and Antoni Hardonk to get beaten by Colin Robinson. Hopefully, my prediction percentage is a bit better than last week. Oh....last but not least. I have Jones Jr. beating up on the washed up Tito Trinidad. Jones has been fighting as of late and he looks decent...meanwhile Tito has been out of fighting for 2 years and after his lashing by my boy Winky Wright, he has not looked very good. Jones, Jr. in 9.

25%, here I come.

4 comments:

ACarl said...

Braylon Edwards would score 4 td's even with a freshly cut quadriceps.

Heinsy said...

Shoot for 33%. Baby steps, Miller.

Murder said...

Hey Nostradamus, way to predict those Giants game. Who are you, Thomas Ashman?

Kai said...

I'm so sick of reading predictions. I feel like I'm back in 9th grade and you, Dad, and Brooks won't talk about anything but sports at dinner.